Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Our cakes are freshly baked to order and hand-made.
- As general guidance, cupcakes should be eaten as soon as you can, preferably within 2 days. They should be eaten at room temperature and should be left in the box provided to you by Tastopia.
- Sponge cakes should be eaten within 5 days but fruitcake is edible up to 6 months from delivery date. Cakes should be kept in the box provided by Tastopia when uncut and should be wrapped in clingfilm and placed back into said box once cut.
- Some of our cakes may have non-edible items or toppers on them and we advise removing these before serving the cake.
- Unless otherwise specified all Tastopia’s cakes contain gluten (wheat) and are made in an environment that handles nuts, soya and alcohol.
- Our kitchen is not an allergy-free kitchen, and so we cannot guarantee that allergy-friendly cakes will not contain trace amounts of these ingredients due to the nature of production.
- If a severe allergy is known it is the customer’s responsibility to inform that guest not to eat the cake due to the possibility of trace allergens.
- Tastopia accepts no liability for customers suffering allergic reactions from eating our cakes.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to make Tastopia aware of any special dietary requirements that need to be accommodated in the making of their cake.
ORDERING AND PAYMENT
- Orders will be accepted via e-mail, website enquiry form or by phone.
- A £100 non-refundable booking fee is required to confirm your order and save your date.
- We accept payment by bank transfer, details of which will be provided upon booking.
- You will be invited for a design consultation and taster around 4-6 months before your wedding, after which you will receive a full proposal detailing your design, flavours, the number of guests, delivery details and the price.
- The outstanding balance is due no later than one month before delivery.
- Payment of your booking fee should be made within two weeks of receiving your invoice.
- Your date will only be held once your booking fee is received.
- All cake designs are the result of the information given to Tastopia by the customer. The interpretation of customers’ bespoke requirements and amendments to the design are approved by the customer during the order process; written/verbal descriptions and a diagram may be used to explain what the customer will receive. Tastopia reserves the right to make minor changes to best suit a design if they feel it necessary, and these changes may not always be communicated to the customer.
- Tastopia will do its best to match any colour requests for icing but we cannot guarantee an exact Pantone match as colours present differently in different materials. We aim for a close-to-perfect match but this is not always possible.
- Please check your order thoroughly before payment. For bespoke cakes we can only create the finished article from what we interpret from the wording of your order.
HIRE OF CAKE STAND/SEPARATORS
- Cake stands & separators can be hired from £10+ per item for a period of up to 3 days.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that a suitable, sturdy table is provided for the cake.
- A security deposit equal to the value of the item is also payable. This will be refunded in full once the item is returned to us within the box provided, undamaged and in its original condition within 3 days of hire. Details of these fees will be sent to the customer when placing their order.
- If the item is not returned as agreed or we have to collect it then this deposit will not be returned.
- If the item is returned damaged this deposit will not be returned.
- Payment will be deemed as acceptance of these terms.
- If you wish your wedding cake to be decorated with fresh flowers, it is best for your florist to supply these, as this allows for continuity.
- We can liaise directly with your florist regarding the floral decorations required for your cake during the weeks before your wedding, so please do ensure you have ordered these beforehand. We can meet your florist at your venue or these can be placed ready on the cake table. Please note we cannot accept responsibility for flowers left in this way.
- NB: Please note that some flowers are not suitable for use as a cake decoration. Ask your florist for details and advice on the toxicity as we cannot be liable for any contamination to your wedding cakes that may arise from their use/misuse.
DELIVERY & SETUP
- Due to the delicate nature of the sugar craft on our cakes, we like to personally deliver and set up your cake at your venue. We will liaise directly with your wedding coordinator at your venue to arrange this so it’s one less thing for you to think about! The cost of delivery and set up will be included in your cake quote.
- Some cakes may be suitable for collection which can be discussed at the point of ordering.
- Responsibility for your cake passes to you once it has been collected from our premises or delivery has been accepted. Tastopia accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged after they have been delivered to the agreed location.
- If the cake is collected, the full responsibility for the safety of the cake is with the client and Tastopia will not be responsible for any damage to the cake after it’s been collected.
- Upon collection, cakes should be transported on a flat surface (preferably in an empty boot or passenger footwell - dependant on size of cake/car!). It is not recommended that cakes are put on a seat or a passenger knee as the angle can cause damage to cake.
- On hot days it is recommended to travel with the air conditioning on or the windows open to keep the environment relatively cool so that the cake does not get too warm.
- After delivery or collection, please ensure that your cake is kept out of sunlight and at room temperature. Cakes with sugarpaste or sugar flowers/models should not be put in a refrigerator. Care should be taken to put cakes in marquees as close to guest arrival time as possible as marquees become very warm on sunny days.
- Stacked cakes will be supported by dowels, which should be removed prior to serving.
- Decoration such as sugar flowers and models/figurines are made with edible ingredients, however they may contain wires or other supports which are inedible. Tastopia advises against these items being consumed. We ask you to take responsibility for ensuring these are removed prior to serving, as we cannot take any responsibility for the non-edible items once the order has been accepted and deposit paid.
- If we are to set up the cake for you we will aim to do this as close to the event start time as possible.
COPYRIGHT & DATA PROTECTION
- Copyright and ownership of all cake designs by Michelle Robinson remains with “Tastopia” and we reserve the right to use photos of our cakes for advertising purposes including but not limited to, on our website, Facebook page, social media and in other advertising materials.
- We do not pass on your personal details to 3rd parties. We will keep your details on file until you have paid us in full and any hired items are returned. Once your order has been collected/delivered, any credit/debit card details are destroyed.
CANCELLATION / AMENDMENTS / POSTPONEMENTS POLICY
- All booking fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable except in exceptional circumstances, for example, if we are unable to fulfil your order as agreed.
- Any amendments need to be made two full months before the wedding date to allow for changes to our schedule, and cannot be guaranteed. Significant amendments may incur an additional cost, and the balance will be adjusted accordingly.
- In the event of a cancellation by yourselves, charges are as follows;
- More than ninety days prior to the date = booking fee only.
- Ninety days to one calendar month prior to the date = booking fee plus half the remaining cost.
- Less than one calendar month prior to the date = full amount
- Any booking fees previously paid are non-refundable.
- Any work already undertaken towards your order, including ordering in supplies specifically to meet your order will incur further charges.
- In the event of a wedding postponement, the payment due remains the same as a cancellation. If you postpone within 90 days of the wedding half the remaining cost will be due on the original payment date. If you postpone less than one month prior to the wedding, the outstanding balance remains payable on the original due date. Subject to availability we will carry any monies paid forward to the new wedding date. Please be aware that we will only do this on one occasion. Any further postponements will be classed as a cancellation. Postponements may also be subject to an increase in costs, in line with the annual cost of inflation, dependant on the duration of the postponement.
- Tastopia has the right to refund in whichever way they deem suitable, including vouchers and aims to refund within a month of cancellation.
- Tastopia has the right to not refund at all dependent on circumstances. All refunds will be carefully considered by Tastopia.
- Complaints are very rare, however, Tastopia takes them very seriously. Our great reputation is built upon the word of mouth of our customers!
- Corrections and repairs to cakes including inscription mistakes, can be corrected on the same day in most cases.
- You are required to give us the opportunity and must let us know of the problem on the day of delivery. Please notify us in writing, along with relevant photos.
- Some complaints may require further investigation and an immediate refund may not always be possible.
- At least 75% of the cake must be returned within 2 days to ensure we are able to fairly assess the nature of the complaint and determine what course of action we will take. No refund will be given if the cake is not returned or has been eaten.
- The maximum refund we offer is the value of the cake. Further compensation is not available. All deposits/booking retainer fees are non-refundable.
- Our liability to you is limited to the price of the cake and we cannot be held responsible for any indirect losses which may happen as a consequence of any breach by us of these terms however arising. However, this does not include or limit in any way our liability for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
- We cannot be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is caused by any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control.
PRICE & PAYMENT
- The price to be paid by you for any Products will be as quoted on our Site except in cases of obvious error. We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you an invoice, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as an incorrect pricing.
- Our prices include VAT but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due before completion of your order and can be checked on our Deliveries page.
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you an invoice.
- Our Site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our Site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our order confirmation procedures, so that where a Product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when invoicing you. If a Product's correct price is higher than the price stated on our Site, or we are no longer able to supply a particular Product for some reason, we will contact you by email to advise you and/or to obtain your confirmation that the amended price is acceptable.
- Payment for all Products must be by credit or debit card and those accepted by us are those listed on our website on the date when your order is placed. We will send you an invoice upon receipt of payment.
- All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses or for any reason does not, authorise payment to us, whether in advance of or subsequent to a payment, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery of the Products ordered.
AVAILABILITY, DELIVERY & COLLECTION
- Online baking slots book up fast in advance and Next Day Delivery cannot be guaranteed to be always available if other customers have booked their order in advance for the day you require. To avoid disappointment booking as far in advance as possible is advised as our handmade products require time to prepare.
- The Products ordered by you can only be delivered to the delivery address provided by you to us, or collected by you from one of our shops designated by you, within a given time slot which we will notify to you in the Order Confirmation.
- If for any reason you find yourself unable to collect your order from the designated shop within the given time slot, we will retain your ordered Products for collection by you for 24 hours, or upon payment of the delivery charge by credit card we may be able to arrange to deliver to you within our delivery time slot and delivery zone during the next 24 hours (subject to delivery availability).
- If for any reason no one is present to receive delivery of the Products at the delivery address you have provided to us we will take the Products back and retain the same for 24 hours during which time you may telephone 07534504800 to either arrange for personal collection or for delivery by us within 24 hours (subject to delivery availability) upon payment of a further delivery charge by credit card.
- In order for us to hand over the ordered Products upon collection or delivery, the recipient must provide to us the valid Order Confirmation number and must also sign that the Products are in good condition and that the complete order has been delivered. Thereafter, we will no longer be responsible for actual delivery of the Products to you.
- Delivery is available only within our delivery radius to selected postcodes.
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions. However, you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that you place your order with us.
- We do hope that you will be pleased with your purchase. However, if upon collection or delivery of the Products you find that they are not those ordered by you (for example, the colour or wording is incorrect), or the order is incomplete, or a Product is in a damaged condition when you receive it, please provide photographic evidence immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to cancel your order for any reason, you must notify us by 12pm by telephone (07534504800) the day before the order is due to be collected or delivered, if your order is under £100. If your order is over £100, you must notify us by telephone (07534504800) at least 48 hours before the order is due to be collected or delivered. A refund will only be made to the same credit card with which your order was placed. During the week before Christmas Eve, we require 7 days notice for cancellation. This is due to the fact that we must order raw materials in good time for fulfilling Christmas orders and that we make all our hand decorations in advance.
- If you wish to add to or change your order, or change the date or time of delivery or collection of your order, then we will accommodate you, subject to kitchen space being available to permit us to make your products, provided that you telephone us by 12.00 noon the day before your order is due to be collected or delivered.
- Your purchase order cannot be accepted until payment in full for the Products ordered has been received by us at which time a legally binding agreement on the terms set out herein will become effective.
- If a Product is not as on the Order Confirmation or damaged we will credit or refund your purchase. In the case of damaged goods you must retain the damaged Products and all packaging for inspection by us. Subject to our report on the claimed damage and to these Terms and Conditions we will refund the price you paid for the returned Products together with the delivery charge, or credit you with a replacement of exact order and delivery of prior order.
- We will only make a refund to the original credit card or debit card account used by you to make the online purchase. Legal ownership of the goods will immediately revert to us if we refund any such payment to you.
- Since taste is a very personal matter and subjective we cannot accept the return of any Products merely because you do not like the taste.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on our Site and also to ensure that the colours on screen are as close as possible to the colours of the actual product. However, the colour of the actual product you see on your screen will depend on your monitor, your screen settings and resolution. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery and we cannot accept the return of any product because it does not match the colour you were expecting from viewing your screen display.
- The provisions of this clause do not affect your statutory rights.